Malaysian vegetable curry
- Blend all the spice paste ingredients with a bit of water and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting it all into bite size pieces.
- Fry the spice paste, on medium heat, in a little cooking oil until fragrant. About 10 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- If you want to add some tofu to this dish to make it a one dish meal, lightly pan fry the tofu in a medium frying pan first.
- Add all the vegetables and coat in the spice paste.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the tofu now if you are using it.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with some fish sauce and the sugar.
- Garnish with some slices of red chilli and sprigs of coriander.