Recipe: Microwaved with sizzling fajitas and fresh salsa
- Cooking time: 25
- Difficulty: Easy/Medium
- Serves: 4
- 4 fresh sweetcorn cobs
- 20g of salted butter
- salt and cracked black pepper
- sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley
Salsa (can be shop bought)
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1/2 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- large pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. of fresh, chopped coriander
- (add a few drops of tabasco for an extra kick!)
For the fajitas
- 400g of fresh chicken breast, cut into fillet-sized pieces
- 3 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of chilli powder
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 80g of grated, mature cheddar cheese
- handful of rocket leaves
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- Combine the fajita spices together. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the red onion. Fry for 1 minute, add the spice mix, and stir in the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken, turning frequently to avoid burning, for approx. 5 to 10 minutes until the chicken is evenly cooked through and tender.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix gently but thoroughly. Preheat the oven to warming temperature.
- Place the sweetcorn cobs in a microwaveable dish with 4 tbsp. of water, and microwave on full power for approx. 6 minutes. Remove the cobs, drain any extra water, and serve topped with salt, pepper, fresh parsley and butter.
- Place the tortilla wraps in foil and into the oven for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Spread the cooked chicken, grated cheese, red pepper strips and rocket leaves evenly amongst the 4 tortilla wraps, top with salsa, wrap and serve with the sweetcorn cobs.